Discount: Mambo Combo Canyoneering and Rafting Tour Combo (La Fortuna/Arenal)
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Pura Vida! eh? participating in the Costa Rica canyoneering tour:
The mambo combo tour described below is operated by Desafio Adventure Company
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 Tour pricing
- 2 About the tour
- 3 Additional details
- 4 Minimum/maximum age/height/weight/other requirements
- 5 What to bring for tour participation
- 6 Also see these similar tours
- 7 Related reading
- 8 Map (tour operator’s office)
- 9 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
December 15th 2016 – December 15th 2017:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 7:00am
Tour duration: Approximately 9 hours
Tour includes: Guide, lost canyon adventures canyoneering tour, balsa river rafting tour, lunch, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: Go Canyoning and Rafting all in one fun day in Arenal on Desafio’s exclusove MAMBO COMBO! Make the most of your limited vacation time with our MAMBO COMBO Rappel and Raft tour near the Arenal Volcano Costa Rica. Strap on your harness and rappel yourself down several tropical waterfalls that are up to 200 feet high. You will also get to river-trace, hike, free-fall and down-climb through what we call “mother nature’s obstacle course”. If you love forest adventures that challenge you mentally and physically, you’ll love Canyoneering in the Lost Canyon. After you hike back up to the Canyon House, enjoy a delicious light early lunch or late breakfast and take a look at all of the photos of your experience. You may want to bring some extra cash to purchase a photo CD. Next, it’s time to go rafting! You can keep the same adventure clothes on because you are going to experience water like never before on the Rio Balsa rafting trip near La Fortuna Costa Rica. You will need to jump back on the Desafio Jungle Limo to make your way back down the Lost Canyon mountainside. You will might up with fello rafters as we drive about 45 minutes to the class 2-3 Balsa River. You will be able to see a lot of beautiful nature and get tons more adrenaline! The Balsa River starts off with class 3 rapids at the beginning and allows you to challenge your strength and newly learned rafting skills! Make your way through fun rapids like Rock Around the Clock and much more! About half-way through, we’ll stop and have a break for swimming, drinks and snacks before we head through the second half of the river. This is where the class 2 rapids begin, which allow you to relax and soak in the beautiful nature and spot howler monkeys and different species of birds. When you are done your rafting adventure we’ll head to a nice rural restaurant and enjoy a delicious Costa Rican style lunch. You will have another opportunity to see photos of your adventures to purchase and later show off to all of your friends and family back home. Here you will have a chance to change into your dry clothes and relax in our air-conditioned vans equipped with free Wifi. We will then drop you off at your La Fortuna hotel to relax from your jam-packed day of adventure!
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/height/weight/other requirements
- Children must be at least 13 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Clothes to get wet in
- Sturdy water shoes (flip flops not permitted)
- Dry clothes to change into after the tour
- Cash for souvenirs
Also see these similar tours
- Interested in removing the rafting portion of this tour? See the Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Interested in removing the rafting portion and adding a waterfall visit to this tour? See the Canyoneering & Horseback Riding to the La Fortuna Waterfall Tour Combo (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Interested in removing the rafting portion and adding a canopy tour to this tour? See the Canyoneering & Canopy Tour Combo (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Canyoneering In Costa Rica: Adrenaline And Assurance Found At The Lost Canyon
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: The Best River For Rafting In Costa Rica
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Go Big or Go Home: Raft Costa Rica