Discount: Cano Negro Tour: Option A (La Fortuna/Arenal)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on January 11th, 2018.
- 2 Tour pricing
- 3 About the tour
- 4 Additional details
- 5 Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- 6 What to bring for tour participation
- 7 Also see these similar tours
- 8 Map (tour operator’s office)
- 9 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on January 11th, 2018.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
The Cano Negro tour described below is operated by Canoa Aventura
- Tour option #1: Tour; regular (including round-trip transportation)
- Tour option #2: Tour; self-drive option
January 1st 2018 – December 31st 2018:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $65.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $13.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $52.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $46.00 or $0.00 (see below)
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER CHILD: $8.00 or $0.00 (see below)
TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $38.00 or $0.00 (see below)
January 1st 2018 – December 31st 2018:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $51.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $5.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $46.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $36.00 or $0.00 (see below)
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER CHILD: $3.00 or $0.00 (see below)
TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $33.00 or $0.00 (see below)
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the child rate for this activity: 4-11 years (0-3 years are free)
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 7:30am
Tour duration: Approximately 8.5 hours
Tour includes: Boat tour, guide, lunch, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: The wildlife refuge in Caño Negro is one of the most important reserves for bird watching and observing of wildlife in Costa Rica. Caño Negro is also home to many sloths, monkeys, caimans, bats, as well as numerous tropical plants. After a welcome drink and snack, we will slowly and silently cruise to this exceptional national refuge on our comfortable boat, enjoying the beautiful view of flora and fauna. Upon return you will be served a typical, delicious lunch in the restaurant “El Caiman,” which is nicely located on the riverbank of “Rio Frío”.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- All travellers must bring their passport (or a copy of their passport) with them during the tour given its proximity to Nicaragua.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not recommended)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Passport (IMPORTANT)
Also see these similar tours
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Cano Negro Boat Tour: Option B (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Cano Negro Canoe Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!