Discount: Superman Cable (Manuel Antonio)
Short on time? Skip to...
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on November 24th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Midworld Costa Rica
January 1st 2017 – December 31st 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $75.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $65.00
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: Manuel Antonio
Tour times: 7:30am, 10:00am, 1:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
Tour includes: Superman cable, lunch, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from Manuel Antonio hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: Ever wonder how Superman felt flying through the sky? Here at MidWorld, not only can you experience flying like the classic hero, but you can do so on Central America’s longest line! Standing over 1 km long, our Super “Mono” Rail offers one of the most beautiful and breathtaking rides without compromising your safety. On this double-cabled attraction each client is equipped with a full body harness, a helmet with windshield and two double pulley systems. Available in the Super Combo package, as an add-on to a canopy tour or as a tour on its own, this is a ride you don’t want to miss. What to Expect: At the scheduled time, a MidWorld van will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to our office for the necessary paperwork. After all forms are filled out, you will take a 25-minute drive through an African Palm plantation and the small town of Cerros to our home base. Feel free to ask your accompanying guides questions about the area along the way! Once you arrive at our base,you will either be provided with your meal or will be given a restroom break before embarking on your adventure. One of the MidWorld vehicles will drive you to the starting platform of the Superman and will fit you into a full body harness and your helmet. A guide will ask each client one-at-a-time to come onto the platform and they will help you onto our “prep table” where the pulleys are connected to the cables and all final adjustments – as in additional weights for smaller clients – are made and then it is time to enjoy this stunning ride of a lifetime! Please note that if you will be doing the Super Combo or purchasing the superman line as an add-on, your adventure will take place after the canopy tour is complete.
Superman Cable components
- Longest double-cabled line in Central America – over 1 km in length
- Sail over a working teak plantation and the Río Cañas, surrounded by the nearby mountains
- Safety gear – Body harness, two double pulley systems, Helmet with visor for eye protection
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- Expectant mothers are restricted from participation in this tour.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Children must be at least 8 years old to participate.
- Individuals must weight less than 260lbs to participate.
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Comfortable footwear (flip flops not permitted)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs
- Interested in adding a canopy tour (ziplining) to this tour? See the Canopy Tour & Superman Cable Combo (Manuel Antonio) for more information!
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Tour
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Cable
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Which Costa Rica Zipline Is The Best? Comparing 6 Popular Canopy Tours In Arenal And Monteverde
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Ziplining And Canopy Tours In Costa Rica: The Difference Between The Two