The content on this page was last updated on May 28th, 2017
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Hacienda Guachipelin
December 16th 2016 – December 15th 2017:
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $55.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $5.00 TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $50.00
- 2 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER STUDENT: $45.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER STUDENT: $3.00 TOUR PRICE PER STUDENT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $42.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $55.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $5.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $50.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER STUDENT: $45.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER STUDENT: $3.00
TOUR PRICE PER STUDENT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $42.00
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the student rate for this activity: 13-17 years with presentation of a current/valid student ID
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: Rincon de la Vieja
Tour times: 8:30am (horseback riding to the river); 9:20am (vehicle transport to the river) , 10:30am (horseback riding to the river), 1:30pm (horseback riding to the river), 2:20pm (vehicle transport to the river)
Tour duration: Approximately 2.5-3 hours
Tour includes: River tubing tour and guide
Tour operator’s description: A fun and exciting adventure tour in Rincón de la Vieja is the Rio Negro Tubing Adventure. We’ll head out from Hacienda Guachipelín by horseback on our trusty Costa Rican ranch horses. After a 45-minute ride through the forest, we arrive at changing rooms where we’ll get ready for our river tubing adventure. We’ll have a short briefing about safety on the river. Then it’s just a short walk to the foot of the Victoria Waterfall, where our tubing adventure begins. You will have the time of your life bouncing down Rio Negro’s crystal clear and fun rapids in your individual rafting “tube”. Our guides will be riding down with you to ensure your safety. Afterward, we’ll have time to change and dry off before our horses take us back to the Hacienda.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- The Rincon de la Vieja National Park is closed on Mondays, however Hacienda Guachipelin’s tours operate daily.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Children must be at least 12 years old to participate.
- Children must be at least 1.3 metres tall to participate.
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Comfortable clothing for getting wet
- Change of dry clothes
- Comfortable footwear (flip flops not permitted)
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs