The content on this page was last updated on August 2nd, 2017
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Adventure Tours Costa Rica
January 1st 2016 – October 31st 2016:
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $120.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00 TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $110.00
- 2 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $160.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00 TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $150.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $120.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $110.00
If you would prefer a double ATV (2 riders – 1 driver):
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $160.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $150.00
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: Jaco
Tour times: Anytime between 8:00am and 6:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 4 hours
Tour includes: Guide, lunch, and round-trip transportation to/from Jaco hotels
Tour operator’s description: Our Tour of the Seven Pueblos is our half-day tour and covers nearly 100 kilometers of waterfalls, rivers, rainforest, countryside, small villages, hidden bars and restaurants. Starting up the same trail as our tour of Bijagual, The half-day tour is a full-circuit covering the mountain ranges of La Gloria and winding south past Hermosa. Like The Tour of Bijagual, the tour begins in the mountains directly behind Jaco, and continues roughly half the distance to the peak of the mountain. We leave the ATV’s and take a short walk to a beautiful 35ft. waterfall – a perfect spot to get a little wet and take some pictures. After the brief stop, we continue up through primary rainforest and above the canopy to the top of the mountain range. Just beyond the crest of the mountain lies a beautiful mirador offering views of the ocean playing against sands as far south as Manuel Antonio, as far west as the Nicoya Peninsula, and as far north as the port cit of Puntarenas. We continue along the top of the mountain and through the rainforest towards the tranquil Pueblo of Bijagual for a drink. After our refreshments, we take one of two possible trails to the next little pueblo of Las Delicias (population: 39). From here we continue on through the similarly small and remote villages of San Gabriel, Pavona, Angostura, and Montelimar. Though it’s impossible to describe every little pueblo we pass on the tour, suffice it to say that each has its own unique charm, and the locals always greet us with a wave and a smile. After five more pueblos and making the majority of the circuit, we arrive at the Tulin River – an opportunity to rinse off a little bit before making the next 15 kilometers to a hidden little restaurant that sits alongside the Tulin River in the pueblo of Mata De Platano. The restaurant in Mata De Platano provides a mellow environment for lunch an opportunity to relax a bit before taking a leisurely trip back to Jaco.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- Important note on trail conditions (provided by the tour operator): trail conditions and rider ability may alter routes; therefore any above mentioned features may not be available for each tour. Please speak directly with your guide on the day of your tour for an up to date description of the expected route, as conditions can change on a daily basis.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- ATV drivers must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license to operate the vehicle.
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Driver’s license
- Passport copy
- Bandana (if desired)
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Long pants
- Closed-toe footwear (open-toe shoes and sandals are not permitted)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Credit card with available credit (to provide to the tour operator as a guarantee in case of damage to the ATV)
- Cash for souvenirs