Discount: Ziplining Tour and Superman Cable Combo (Manuel Antonio)
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Midworld Costa Rica
January 1st 2017 – December 31st 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $135.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $15.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $120.00
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: Manuel Antonio
Tour times: 7:30am, 10:00am, 1:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 5 hours
Tour includes: Canopy ziplining tour, superman cable, lunch, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from Manuel Antonio hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description:
Glide through the trees and witness the marvel that is the Costa Rican jungle in this amazing adventure. With the only double-cabled canopy in the Quepos / Manuel Antonio area, we here at MidWorld house the newest, safest, and longest lines, each adhering to the latest international safety standards for canopy tourism. Each individual is equipped with a new harness, double pulley system, hand brake, helmet, three safety lines, and automatic and semi automatic carabineers. The tour is made up of a 10 line, 15 platform ride including two rappels that gives you a first hand experience of what the jungle has to offer. With minimal walking required, this tour is completely kid-friendly and ages 4 + are welcome with accompanying guardians! What to Expect: All transportation to and from your hotel will be provided by MidWorld staff and pick-up/drop-off will depend upon tour time. After all clients are onboard the MidWorld van, there will be a quick stop at our Quepos office to fill out all the necessary paperwork for the tour and then you are off to the adventure! Spend 25 minutes driving through a working African Palm plantation and see the small Costa Rican town of Cerros, which is home to many of the plantation workers. Depending upon the time of the tour either breakfast or lunch will be provided during your stay with us. Please note that whether your meal is served before or after your adventure is dependant on the time of your tour. Upon arrival or at the end of your meal, our guides will fit everyone into their harnesses and necessary equipment. Once everyone is ready, a guide will provide you with the required safety demonstration specifically for our double-cabled systems and will then direct you to a MidWorld truck for transportation up to the lines. From there, let the adventure begin! With a 2 ½ hour tour ahead, there are plenty of opportunities to see native wildlife and guides will provide you with facts about the plants and animals you may see during the tour. So sit back, and enjoy this exhilarating ride through the Costa Rican jungle!
Canopy Tour components
- Only double-cabled lines in the area
- Longest lines in the area
- In accordance with international safety standards
- 9 lines, 14 platforms
- Safety gear – harness, double pulley, three safety lines, gloves, helmet and automatic & semi-automatic carabineers (Apex Rock and Petzl equipment)
- Two controlled rappels (belays)
- Minimum walking – kid friendly
- Hanging bridge
- Includes a hands-free braking system
Ever wonder how Superman felt flying through the sky? Here at MidWorld, not only can you experience flying like the classic hero, but you can do so on Central America’s longest line! Standing over 1 km long, our Super “Mono” Rail offers one of the most beautiful and breathtaking rides without compromising your safety. On this double-cabled attraction each client is equipped with a full body harness, a helmet with windshield and two double pulley systems. Available in the Super Combo package, as an add-on to a canopy tour or as a tour on its own, this is a ride you don’t want to miss. What to Expect: At the scheduled time, a MidWorld van will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to our office for the necessary paperwork. After all forms are filled out, you will take a 25-minute drive through an African Palm plantation and the small town of Cerros to our home base. Feel free to ask your accompanying guides questions about the area along the way! Once you arrive at our base,you will either be provided with your meal or will be given a restroom break before embarking on your adventure. One of the MidWorld vehicles will drive you to the starting platform of the Superman and will fit you into a full body harness and your helmet. A guide will ask each client one-at-a-time to come onto the platform and they will help you onto our “prep table” where the pulleys are connected to the cables and all final adjustments – as in additional weights for smaller clients – are made and then it is time to enjoy this stunning ride of a lifetime! Please note that if you will be doing the Super Combo or purchasing the superman line as an add-on, your adventure will take place after the canopy tour is complete.
Superman Cable components
- Longest double-cabled line in Central America – over 1 km in length
- Sail over a working teak plantation and the Río Cañas, surrounded by the nearby mountains
- Safety gear – Body harness, two double pulley systems, Helmet with visor for eye protection
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- Expectant mothers are restricted from participation in this tour.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Children must be at least 8 years old to participate to in the Superman Cable as offered as part of the Canopy Tour & Superman Cable Combo
- Individuals must weight less than 300lbs to participate in the Canopy Tour as offered as part of the Canopy Tour & Superman Cable Combo
- Individuals must weight less than 260lbs to participate in the Superman Cable as offered as part of the Canopy Tour & Superman Cable Combo
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Comfortable footwear (flip flops not permitted)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs
- Interested in removing the canopy tour (ziplining) portion of this tour? See the Superman Cable (Manuel Antonio) for more information!
- Interested in adding a free fall to this tour? See the Spider Free Fall (Manuel Antonio) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Canopy Tour: Option A (Manuel Antonio) for more information!
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Tour
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Cable
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Which Costa Rica Zipline Is The Best? Comparing 6 Popular Canopy Tours In Arenal And Monteverde
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Ziplining And Canopy Tours In Costa Rica: The Difference Between The Two