Discount: Ziplining Tour and Canyoneering Tour Combo (La Fortuna/Arenal)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 26th, 2017.
- 2 Tour pricing
- 3 About the tour
- 4 Additional details
- 5 Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- 6 What to bring for tour participation
- 7 Also see these similar tours
- 8 Related reading
- 9 Map (tour operator’s office)
- 10 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 26th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Pura Vida! eh? participating in the Costa Rica canyoneering tour:
The canyoneering and canopy combo tour described below is operated by Desafio Adventure Company
December 15th 2017 – December 14th 2018:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 7:00am
Tour duration: Approximately 9 hours
Tour includes: Canyoneering tour, canopy ziplining tour, lunch, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: Come see the lush Costa Rican rainforest from two different perspectives! Get wet and wild hiking through the forest and rappelling down waterfalls, then soar above the rainforest canopy as you zipline from tree to tree like Tarzan! This day is full of adventure and is the perfect way to get to know the REAL Costa Rican jungle! Canyoneering is more than just rappelling; it’s a full-body work out! Use your arms, legs, and hands to climb through Mother Nature’s obstacle course: You’ll be jumping into pools, sliding down a natural water slide, sitting under waterfalls, pulling yourself up some rocks and helping yourself down others. You’ll finish your adventure with a 200 ft waterfall drop — rappelling part of the way and then letting go of the reins to experience a guided free fall drop! Talk about adrenaline! Then, relax and enjoy a delicious lunch at the Lost Canyon Café for the famous DESAFIO WARRIOR BUFFET before heading to your ziplining adventure with delicious options including vegetarian and other dietary needs. We will then take you back to your hotel for a quick break (you can request to stay in the La Fortuna downtown area) where you wait to be picked-up for your next adventure… the quintessential ziplining in Costa Rica! There are 13 cables in total that reach up to 850 meters long – some of the longest ziplines in the world. During this canopy zipline tour in Arenal, you will find yourself high above the rainforest canopy with amazing views of the surrounding hills, mountains, rivers and the majestic Arenal Volcano forming the best picturesque backdrop. This Arenal COMBO tour with canyoning and ziplining is sure to get your heart racing and is one of our most-popular Arenal COMBO tour options.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 13 years old to participate.
- Individuals must be no older than 60 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Clothes to get wet in
- Sturdy water shoes (flip flops not permitted)
- Tennis shoes or other adventure tour footwear (flip flops not permitted)
- Dry clothes to change into after the tour
- Cash for souvenirs
Also see these similar tours
- Interested in removing the canopy tour portion of this tour? See the Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Interested in removing the canopy tour portion and adding a waterfall visit to this tour? See the Canyoneering & Horseback Riding to the La Fortuna Waterfall Tour Combo (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Interested in removing the canopy tour portion and adding a rafting tour on the Balsa River to this tour? See the Mambo Combo Canyoneering & Rafting Tour Combo (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Tour
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Cable
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Which Costa Rica Zipline Is The Best? Comparing 6 Popular Canopy Tours In Arenal And Monteverde
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Costa Rica Ziplining: An Exhilarating And Cultural Tour In La Fortuna (Arenal)
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Ziplining And Canopy Tours In Costa Rica: The Difference Between The Two
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Canyoneering In Costa Rica: Adrenaline And Assurance Found At The Lost Canyon