We currently have discounts for this tour!
The Springs Resort Club Rio package described below is operated by the Springs Resort
Short on time? Skip to...
December 16th 2016 – December 15th 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $115.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $105.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $95.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER CHILD: $5.00
TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $90.00
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the child rate for this activity: 0-12 years
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Pass departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Pass times: Anytime between 8:00am and 10:00pm
Pass duration: Full day (with free 2nd day to return to enjoy the hot spring pools at the Springs Resort’s property if desired)
Pass includes: Springs Resort hot springs pass (including come and go entrance between 8:00am and 10:00pm over two full days), lunch, hiking trails, river pools, and two choice tours (please see the choice tour options below)
- Round-trip transportation is not included but can be added for an extra fee (the exact fee depends on the pick-up/drop-off location and the number of travellers)
Pass operator’s description: Travellers may choose two of the following on-site activities:
- Inflatable Kayaking
- River Tubing
- Horseback Riding
- Guided Nature Tour
- Climbing/Rappel Wall
When you make your reservation you will receive a confirmation with the time that you must arrive at the reception of the Springs Resort & Spa and the order of your activities. You certainly may arrive earlier than your scheduled arrival time and when you are finished with your activities at Club Rio Outdoor Center you are also invited to enjoy the hot springs and restaurants above at The Springs Resort & Spa.
- Inflatable Kayaking Description: If you have ever wanted to try river kayaking, this is the perfect river for your first experience. The Springs Resort & Spa has more than a kilometer of water frontage on the scenic Arenal River, and we offer a guided tour down the rapids on inflatable whitewater kayaks. The river ranks as a Class I, II and III (beginner-intermediate) but you can select to run the sections with less difficulty, if you prefer. This is a great activity for beginner adults and families. All of our river guides are Class V rapid certified. The permissible age to go on this tour alone varies with the conditions of the river, but we recommend that children from 7 to 12 years old go in a two person kayak with the guide. All of the three “Put-Ins” are at tranquil river pools to practice your paddling and acclimate you to the feel of the kayak.
- River Tubing Description: Our special tubes are designed to run on small rivers and are equipped with handles and tough, protective bottoms. Our tubing course is about 500 meters long in total but you can choose to run just the lower section which is only about 180 meters and maintains total visibility to our open viewing area to make you feel more comfortable. Children should be a minimum of 8 years old and need to know how to swim. This tour may be cancelled if water levels in the river exceed certain levels.
- Horseback Riding Description: Enjoy an easy ride that takes you through riverside forest trails and along country roads with spectacular views of the Arenal Volcano and the San Carlos plains. You will have the chance to observe howler monkeys, owls, sloths and many other animals and birds in their natural habitat, as well as a glimpse into the typical way of life of local farmers.
- Climbing/Rappel Tour Description: Club Rio Outdoor Adventure Center is proud to announce the opening of Costa Rica’s largest artificial rock wall. Use all four stories of our newest facility to climb, rappel and tunnel to your heart’s content. Beginner? No worries. Or maybe you’re a seasoned veteran to the climbing scene? No worries! Our climbing wall is outfitted with routes for every climber’s skill level. Just leave behind your fear of heights and take advantage of this fast, fun and inexpensive tour!
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 5 years old to participate in the horseback riding tour.
- Children must be at least 7 years old to participate in the kayaking tour or climb the rock wall.
- Children must be at least 8 years old to participate in the tubing tour.
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not permitted)
- Light rain jacket
- Dry clothes for changing into
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs, towels, lockers, bar purchases
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Costa Rica’s Springs Resort Series – Part 1: The Club Rio Outdoor Center
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Costa Rica’s Springs Resort Series – Part 2: The Springs Resort Hot Springs
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: The Best Hot Springs In La Fortuna/Arenal