Discount: Snorkeling Tour and Rainforest Hike (Puerto Viejo)
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on November 30th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Exploradores Outdoors
November 1st 2017 – October 31st 2018:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: Puerto Viejo
Tour times: 7:30am
Tour duration: Approximately 4-4.5 hours
Tour includes: Snorkeling tour, rainforest hike, entrance fee, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from Puerto Viejo hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: The Parque Nacional Cahuita has the largest system of Coral Reefs in Costa Rica, including 6 species of coral, a wide range of colorful tropical fishes and the occasional encounter of a harmless reef shark or sting ray. This beach has a horseshoe shape, with the entrance of the park at one end and beautiful Punta Cahuita at the other end. We start with a scenic 20 minute boat ride to have two snorkeling sessions. Then we get drop off at the Punta to enjoy a delicious fruit and snacks break at the beach followed by a 1 hour guided hike in this wonderful coastal forest: monkeys, sloths, birds, poison dart frogs, iguanas and other interesting encounters are common.
Approximate Itinerary for the Snorkeling Tour & Rainforest Hike:
- 7:00 AM – Pick-up time depending on location starting in Manzanillo
- 7:30 AM – Drive to Cahuita with interesting information en route
- 8:00 AM – Arrival at the park entrance and safety briefing
- 8:30 AM – Snorkeling in two locations
- 9:30 AM – Fruit and snacks break at Punta Cahuita and proceed to hike
- 11:00 AM – Arrive back to the van, take a small break and drive back
- 12:00 Noon – Arrive in time to shower before lunch on your own
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Swimming suit
- Long-sleeve shirt for snorkeling in if preferred (to prevent sunburn to the back)
- Tennis shoes or closed-toe sandals (flip flops not recommend)
- Insect repellent
- Dry clothes for changing into
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Cash for souvenirs