Savings: Selvatura Ziplining Tour, Butterfly Garden Tour, and Hummingbird Garden Tour Combo (Monteverde)
Short on time? Skip to...
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on November 24th, 2017.
We currently have cash back savings for this tour!
The Selvatura canopy tour, butterfly garden visit, and hummingbird garden visit described below is operated by Selvatura
December 15th 2016 – October 31st 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $65.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR CASH BACK SAVINGS PER ADULT: $3.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $65.00 AND RECEIVE A $3.00 PAYMENT FROM PURA VIDA! EH?
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER STUDENT: $60.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR CASH BACK SAVINGS PER STUDENT: $2.00
TOUR PRICE PER STUDENT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $60.00 AND RECEIVE A $2.00 PAYMENT FROM PURA VIDA! EH?
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $50.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR CASH BACK SAVINGS PER CHILD: $1.00
TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $50.00 AND RECEIVE A $1.00 PAYMENT FROM PURA VIDA! EH?
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the child rate for this activity: 4-11 years
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the student rate for this activity: 12-18 years with presentation of a current/valid student ID
Cash back savings disclaimer: In order for Pura Vida! eh? cash back savings to be earned, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? cash back savings: a) cannot be earned on preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) may only be earned on a tour taken on the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the cash back savings amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the cash back savings amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? cash back savings are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page, as well as our “Cash Back Savings Program” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: Monteverde
Tour times: 8:30am or 11:00am
Tour duration: Approximately 3.5-4 hours (depending on the amount of time spent at the Butterfly Garden and Hummingbird Garden)
Tour includes: Canopy ziplining tour, guide (for the canopy ziplining tour only), butterfly garden entrance fee, hummingbird garden entrance fee, and round-trip transportation to/from Monteverde hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
- Superman cable can be added for an additional $10 person (note: if the superman cable is desired it must be reserved in advance with the canopy ziplining tour – the optional tarzan swing has no additional cost and participation can be decided on the day of the tour as there is no need to reserve the tarzan swing in advance)
Tour operator’s description:
- Canopy Ziplining Tour (guided): Selvatura Adventure Park’s Canopy Tour is one of the safest extreme adventures in Costa Rica! Our Canopy Tour guides start by harnessing you with all the appropriate equipment after which they will lecture you on all the safety procedures to enjoy this amazing adventure with our “Safety First” motto. You will then be flying through 15 cables and 18 platforms with an optional Tarzan Swing at the end of the adventure.
- Butterfly Garden (guided): Enjoy a guided walk inside one of the world’s largest live butterfly exhibitions with an area of over 29,000 square feet (2,700 square meters). Come and enjoy all the wonders that you may discover in this marvelous World of Butterflies – a world in which a controlled climate provides the best temperature (82.4º F or 28º C) for its inhabitants to feel in paradise.
- Hummingbird Garden (self-guided): Imagine yourself in a beautiful garden. Now imagine over 100 beautiful hummingbirds flying cheerfully around you! That is what the incredible Hummingbird Garden has to offer you. More than 14 species of hummingbirds will amaze you with their incredible aerial maneuvers and bright lively colors. Definitively a photography fan’s treat! No matter what mood you are in these small daredevils will cheer you up and give you an unforgettable air show. Come to our hummingbird garden and amaze yourself with these fantastic speeding creatures!
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 4 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not permitted)
- Insect repellent
- Long pants
- Cash for souvenirs
Also see these similar tours
- Interested in removing the butterfly garden visit and the hummingbird garden visit from this tour? See the Canopy Ziplining Tour with Optional Tarzan Swing and Optional Superman Cable (Monteverde) for more information!
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Tour
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Cable
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Which Costa Rica Zipline Is The Best? Comparing 6 Popular Canopy Tours In Arenal And Monteverde
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Ziplining And Canopy Tours In Costa Rica: The Difference Between The Two
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Exhibits, Museums, Caves… Oh My! Introducing Our “Costa Rica Creatures” Series
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Costa Rica Creatures Series: Butterflies