Discount: Rincon De La Vieja National Park Tour (Guanacaste)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on November 24th, 2017.
- 2 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $95.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00 TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $85.00
- 3 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $95.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER CHILD: $21.00 TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $74.00
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on November 24th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Ecotrans Costa Rica
December 1st 2016 – November 30th 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $95.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $10.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $85.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $95.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER CHILD: $21.00
TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $74.00
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the child rate for this activity: 8-10 years
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: Guanacaste (i.e., Papagayo, Playa Hermosa, Playa Panama, Playa Ocotal, Playas del Coco, Playa Flamingo, Playa Conchal, and Playa Tamarindo)
Tour times: 7:30am
Tour duration: Approximately 7.5 hours
Tour includes: National park tour, park entrance fee, guide, lunch, and round-trip transportation to/from Guanacaste hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: This National Park was created to protect the biodiversity around Rincon de la Vieja Volcano area. It extends over 14083 hectares of semi-deciduous forest and very moist forest and includes a barren rocky terrain at altitudes that range from 1950 feet to 5748 feet above the sea level on the Caribbean and Pacific sides of the Guanacaste Volcanic Mountain Range. Fumaroles, hot mud pools and the eerie steam holes of Las Pailas create an amazing landscape. The hiking tour takes about two hours. During this hiking you will get to see the secondary Waterfall, which is about 195 feet high and is located on a rocky terrain devastated by the volcanic eruptions. The tour not only provides the opportunity to appreciate Rincon de la Vieja´s geothermal wonders, it also allows a close view of an ancient forest hundreds of years old. Huge trees protect spider monkeys, leaf-cutter ants, toucans and all kind of great and small creatures.
- This tour is not available on Mondays (due to the national park’s closure).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Children must be at least 8 years old to participate.
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not recommended)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent