Discount: Reventazon River Rafting Tour (San Jose)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 17th, 2017.
- 2 Tour pricing
- 3 About the tour
- 4 Additional details
- 5 Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- 6 What to bring for tour participation
- 7 Related topics
- 8 Map (tour operator’s exploration center)
- 9 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 17th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
The Pacuare River rafting tour described below is operated by Exploradores Outdoors
November 1st 2017 – October 31st 2018:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: San Jose
Tour times: Between 6:00am-6:30am
Tour duration: Approximately 12 hours
Tour includes: Rafting tour, guide, breakfast, lunch, and round-trip transportation to/from San Jose hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: The Florida section of the Reventazon River is a big water run, ranked as moderately difficult. Its lush surroundings, abundant bird life and plentiful rapids make this trip a perfect introduction to river running. It is a 16 km /10 miles run that is clearly divided into two sections. The first hour is very exciting, with big waves and long rapids. Then we stop for a picnic lunch, at the most scenic beach on the river. The second half is more relaxed, as the river enters the true lower Caribbean at which time your surroundings take on a jungle character and the wildlife is more plentiful. At the end of the descent we will take you to our Exploration Center where you can change, shower and relax while enjoying a cold beverage of your choice.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 6 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Swimming suit
- Tennis shoes, Teva sandals or Aqua shoes (flip flops not permitted)
- Windbreaker (or any synthetic fabric t-shirt)
- Dry clothes for changing into after the river trip
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Cash for souvenirs, pictures and t-shirts
- Medicines if needed (if this is the case, please inform our office staff or the river guide)
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: The Best River For Rafting In Costa Rica
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Go Big or Go Home: Raft Costa Rica