Savings: Monteverde Extremo Ziplining Tour (Monteverde)
Short on time? Skip to...
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on January 11th, 2018.
We currently have cash back savings for this tour!
The Monteverde Extremo canopy tour described below is operated by Monteverde Extremo
January 1st 2018 – December 31st 2018:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $55.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR CASH BACK SAVINGS PER ADULT: $3.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $55.00 AND RECEIVE A $3.00 PAYMENT FROM PURA VIDA! EH?
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $40.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR CASH BACK SAVINGS PER CHILD: $2.00
TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $40.00 AND RECEIVE A $2.00 PAYMENT FROM PURA VIDA! EH?
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the child rate for this activity: 5-12 years
Cash back savings disclaimer: In order for Pura Vida! eh? cash back savings to be earned, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? cash back savings: a) cannot be earned on preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) may only be earned on a tour taken on the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the cash back savings amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the cash back savings amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? cash back savings are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page, as well as our “Cash Back Savings Program” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: Monteverde
Tour times: 8:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
Tour includes: Canopy ziplining tour, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from Monteverde hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: Cables of up to 3400 feet long and 600 feet high. Costa Rica is known for its canopy tours, world-renowned. Imagine sailing through the treetops hundreds of meters in the air with an opportunity to observe the diverse fauna. Do not worry, safety is a priority here. With almost a quarter of the land covered by tropical forests, there are dozens of places and companies that make exciting adventures. Although many of the national parks of Costa Rica offer canopy tours, the best ones are in Monteverde, Arenal area and Manuel Antonio. There are a number of ways elevated along the forests of Costa Rica with suspension bridges in a valley where you can walk above the treetops and get a unique panoramic aerial view of the forest tops. However, the most popular form is the zip-line canopy; a practice with strong steel cables strung between old and extremely strong trees. Tourists are released through the forest from tree to tree along these lines through a safety harness. Without a doubt, the most famous canopy tours are in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. This region is located on the Continental Divide of Costa Rica, at an altitude of 1440 meters, producing a very thick and cold cloud layer. Here are more than 500 species of animals and 2,500 species of plants – and you can be sure to find some of them during this adventure. There are several companies operating canopy in Monteverde, the most popular is Monteverde Extremo Park where you will discover fourteen cable systems, the longest is 1030 meters! Cross over the stunning jungle views that will take your breath away. Monteverde Extremo Park offers an equally exciting adventure, with platform slightly smaller than the rest and more independent brake systems. A popular feature here is the “Tarzan Swing”, a firmly attached rope hovering over a huge cliff, from where you fall freely and swing. Navigate through the sky with a spectacular view of the characteristic Monteverde rain forest. With the treetops background, canopy tours in Monteverde offer some of the most scenic drives in the country. Monteverde Extremo Park will take you through the jungle for the first time from the highest point beginning to descend all the cables quickly and excitingly until you get back to the ground. From here, visitors will get unparalleled views of the lush beauty.
Canopy Tour components
- Rappel (30m)
- Tarzan swing
- Superman cable (1km)
- Underground mountain tunnel (175m)
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 5 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not permitted)
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs
Also see these similar tours
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Sky Tram Aerial Tram Ride and Sky Trek Canopy Ziplining Tour (Monteverde) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Canopy Ziplining Tour with Optional Tarzan Swing and Optional Superman Cable (Monteverde) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Canopy Ziplining Tour with Superman Cable, Rappel, and Tarzan Swing (Monteverde) for more information!
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Tour
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Zipline Cable
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Which Costa Rica Zipline Is The Best? Comparing 6 Popular Canopy Tours In Arenal And Monteverde
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Ziplining And Canopy Tours In Costa Rica: The Difference Between The Two