SAVE $138.00/WEEK off a ssangyong korando 4X4 automatic vehicle rental!
SAVE $23.00/DAY OFF A ssangyong korando 4X4 automatic VEHICLE RENTAL!
SAVE $102.00/WEEK OFF A ssangyong korando 4X4 automatic VEHICLE RENTAL!
SAVE $17.00/DAY OFF A ssangyong korando 4X4 automatic VEHICLE RENTAL!
THE COSTA RICA CAR RENTAL PROMO CODE PROMOTION PROVIDED BELOW IS OPERATED BY MAPACHE RENT-A-CAR
Short on time? Skip to...
Our “Pura Vida! eh? Exclusive Promotion” code
(see below for code details)
While we’re on the topic of saving money during your visit to Costa Rica…
don’t miss our Costa Rica Tour Discounts too!
Exclusive Promotion disclaimer: As a courtesy, Pura Vida! eh? informs travellers of Costa Rica promotions. However, Pura Vida! eh? does not specifically endorse or recommend such promotions, and the corporation will not be held liable for any damage, loss, or injury (including death) to any traveller or his or her property sustained as a result of any promotion described on the Pura Vida! eh? website and/or obtained by the traveller. In addition, although Pura Vida! eh? welcomes reservation and quote requests for Costa Rica day tours (please see our “Costa Rica Tour Discounts Database” and our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page for more information about our operation), the corporation does not accept reservation or quote requests for “Pura Vida! eh? Exclusive Promotions” or promotions described in our “Costa Rica Promotions” database, including the promotion described on this page (please see our “Costa Rica Promotions & Pura Vida! eh? Exclusive Promotions” page for information about how promotions differ from discounts, cash back savings, and our primary operation). Promotion reservation requests, promotion quote requests, promotion availability requests, promotion detail requests, and any/all other promotion-related inquiries must be made directly with the promotion operator (see the name following the “Operated by” text above), not Pura Vida! eh?. Promotion details and expiry are subject to change at any time by the promotion operator; for a confirmation of full, correct, and current promotion terms and conditions, please obtain these from the promotion operator directly.
About the promotion
Pura Vida! eh? Is pleased to be able to offer travellers access to the savings of $23.00/day (high season; December 15th 2016 to April 16th 2017), $17.00/day (low season; April 17th 2017 to December 14th 2017), $138.00/week (high season; December 15th 2016 to April 16th 2017), and $102.00/week (low season; April 17th 2017 to December 14th 2017) off regular vehicle rental rates (as noted on the vehicle rental agency’s website) for the Korando 4X4 Automatic vehicle through Mapache Rent-A-Car–no purchase, booking, or contact with Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated required!
This promotion also includes the option to add a second driver to the rental agreement for free (if/when the request is made at the time of reservation when the promotion code noted above is provided to the vehicle rental agency), unlimited mileage, a map of Costa Rica, free vehicle pick-up and return at any of Mapache Rent-A-Car’s in-country offices (for rental periods 3 days or longer), and emergency 24-hour telephone assistance. The following number is for Mapache Rent-A-Car’s 24-hour emergency assistance line (please do not phone this number for vehicle rental reservation inquiries): 506-2286-0085.
- This promotion cannot be applied retroactively to current vehicle rental reservations
- There is no minimum-day rental period required for this promotion to apply (please check with the vehicle rental agency directly whether they require a minimum-day rental period for particular vehicle types or particular travel dates according to their own policies)
- This promotion is subject to vehicle availability
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions (either as published by Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated or provided by Mapache Rent-A-Car)
- This promotion does not include mandatory insurance. Please contact the vehicle rental agency directly for insurance information and price quotes.
- This promotion does not include any optional add-ons or additional fees such as a GPS rental, a cell phone rental, a baby and/or a booster seat rental, a wheelchair and/or a walker rental, a cooler rental, a roof rack rental, vehicle delivery fees, vehicle pick-up fees, vehicle return late fees, smoke damage fees, loss-of-key fees, gasoline top-up fees, and/or the highway assistance add-on. Please contact the vehicle rental agency directly for add-on/fee information and price quotes.
- Each vehicle rental “day” is calculated according to a 24-hour period–not 1 calendar day. For example, a vehicle picked up at 3:00pm and returned by 3:00pm the next day would qualify for the 1-day promotional savings. Alternatively, a vehicle picked up at 3:00pm and returned at a later hour the next day–such as 6:00pm–would qualify for the 2-day promotional savings (i.e., the 1-day savings amount X 2).
- Each vehicle rental “week” is calculated according to a 168-hour period–not 7 calendar days. For example, a vehicle picked up at 3:00pm on a Sunday and returned by 3:00pm the next Sunday would qualify for the 1-week promotional savings. Alternatively, a vehicle picked up at 3:00pm on a Sunday and returned at a later hour the next Sunday day–such as 6:00pm–would qualify for the 1-week + 1-day promotional savings.
- In order for the 1-week promotional savings to apply, the entire vehicle rental period must fall within either the high season date range or the low season date range noted above. For rental periods that start during one season and finish during another, please contact the vehicle rental agency directly to receive a custom rental quote that combines the promotional savings available across both seasons according to the number of days you will have the vehicle during each.
- For vehicle specifics (such as the vehicle’s model year, motor information, fuel type, luggage capacity, passenger capacity, door total, and more), please contact the vehicle rental agency directly.
The vehicle rental agency’s requirements to rent a vehicle
- Renters must be older than 21 years of age and be able to present both his or her original valid passport and his or her original valid driver’s license (identification copies are not accepted)
- Renters must be able to pay for the vehicle rental and insurance coverage via credit card (cash and debit payments are not accepted) and the credit card must have enough available credit at the time of vehicle pick-up to cover the total security deposit amount
As travellers who have rented vehicles in Costa Rica more times than we could ever count, we recommend that travellers opt to purchase Mapache Rent-A-Car’s Highway Assistance add-on (in Spanish, this is referred to as “SAC”–Servicio de Asistencia en Carretera–and comes with an additional cost of $10.00/rental). In addition, we recommend familiarizing yourself with our Costa Rica vehicle rental blog posts (covering the topics of vehicle rental scams, insurance options, and more) linked to under the “related topics” section below.
How to obtain/apply the promotion
In order to access the promotion, travellers must a) provide the promotion code listed above when placing their reservation request with the vehicle rental agency, and b) either send their vehicle rental reservation request via email to Mapache Rent-A-Car directly or make a vehicle rental reservation request via the Mapache Rent-A-Car’s website:
- Contact with any other booking agent–online or in person–will nullify the promotion.
- Making a vehicle rental reservation through a source other than Mapache Rent-A-Car–online or in person–will nullify the promotion.
- Forgetting to provide the promotion code listed above when placing the reservation request with the vehicle rental agency will nullify the promotion.
For your information…
The promotions mentioned on our website are free and public promotions (i.e., there is no charge for website visitors to gain access to such promotions and promotions are not limited to particular travellers). In addition, please note that Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated is not financially compensated by Costa Rican businesses for the promotions it offers to travellers. We do not receive monetary payments (in the form of commission payments or otherwise) for publishing “Costa Rica Promotions” on our website, we do not receive monetary payments (in the form of commission payments or otherwise) for any link clicks (i.e. when a traveller clicks on a link to a promotion operator’s website via our website), and we do not receive monetary payments (in the form of commission payments or otherwise) for any bookings/purchases received by Costa Rican businesses as a result of travellers learning about “Costa Rica Promotions” through our website (this is true for both regular “Costa Rica Promotions” and “Pura Vida! eh? Exclusive Promotions”). Our work in the “Costa Rica Promotions” department of our business operation is 100% free (for travellers and Costa Rican businesses alike), and the time and effort we devote to its upkeep is volunteered for the primary purpose of helping travellers save money.
Want to thank us?
Awe. You’re so kind.
Why not let us know what you think about the promotion listed on this page by sending us a testimonial/review/comment in the comment box provided below? Your words can make a world of difference to future travellers, so if you have benefited from using this promotion (or any of our other services), please let us (and others) know!
Read our related blog post: Costa Rica Vehicle Rentals: Should You Rent A Car For Your Costa Rica Trip?
Read our related blog post: Costa Rica Vehicle Rentals: How Not To Fall For A Car Rental Scam
Read our related blog post: Costa Rica Vehicle Rentals: Credit Card Insurance Coverage & Declining Part CDW
Read our related blog post: Costa Rica Vehicle Rentals: Good Car Rental Agencies Are Hard To Find. Here’s Where We Choose To Look.