Discount: Kayaking Tour And Rainforest Hike (Puerto Viejo)
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Exploradores Outdoors
November 1st 2017 – October 31st 2018:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: Puerto Viejo
Tour times: 10:00am
Tour duration: Approximately 4.5 hours
Tour includes: Kayaking tour, rainforest hike, entrance fee, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from Puerto Viejo hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: We will drive to the most beautiful location in the area, Punta Uva. This trip consists of three sections. After a safety briefing we will first embark in a magical sea kayaking journey paralleling a coast full of cliffs, caves, and the most amazing rainforest. Then we will paddle our way up river though gorgeous rainforest where you can expect to spot monkeys, sloth, colorful birds, river turtles, bats and iguanas. Your professional guide will deliver a lot of interesting insights on this wonderful ecosystem. Back at the beach we will take a nice break to relax, swim and enjoy some nicely presented fresh fruit and snacks before hiking to the great over view at Grape Point.
Approximate Itinerary for the Kayaking Tour & Rainforest Hike:
- 10:00 AM – Drive to Punta Uva with interesting information in route
- 10:30 AM – Arrival at Punta Uva, safety briefing and proceed to kayak
- 12:00 AM – End of kayaking segment, fruit and snacks on the beach
- 12:30 AM – Start hiking to Grape Point
- 1:30 PM – Finish activities, take a small break and drive back
- 2:30 PM – Arrive in time to shower before lunch on your own
Note: If the sea section is cancelled due to unsafe conditions we will offer a longer hike in the jungle.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Swimming suit
- Long-sleeve shirt for kayaking in if preferred (to prevent sunburn to the back)
- Tennis shoes or closed-toe sandals (flip flops not recommend)
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs