Following the submission of a Day Tour Reservation Request form to Pura Vida! eh?, travellers are provided with instructional information that outlines any action required of them according to the tour operator’s policies (i.e., our team will explain whether full, partial, or no prepayment is required by the tour operator, as well as outline how any payment or guarantee of payment should be provided to the tour operator if it is required). The policy information listed below is provided as a courtesy to all travellers who visit our website; travellers who opt to reserve their desired Costa Rica tours through Pura Vida! eh? will receive more specific policy information and guidance from our team throughout the process of working together than the static text posted below for convenience purposes.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE TOUR OPERATOR’S POLICIES
Exploradores Outdoors has a 24-hour non-refundable cancellation policy for their 1-day tours. Reservations cancelled within 24 hours of the tour date will not be refunded.
- Reservations must be prepaid at least 24 hours in advance. If payment is done with a Credit Card, it will be charged 24 hours before the day of the tour.
- The charge on your credit card will be made in local currency. The Exchange Rate we will use is the one of the day prior to your tour.
- There will be no refunds in case of “no shows”.
- In Costa Rica, the weather changes very quickly. If tours are operating under poor weather conditions and client decides not to take the tour. We assume no responsibility (no refund is given).
- Exploradores Outdoors keeps the right to cancel the trips because of reasons out of our control (extreme weather, natural disasters, road closures, etc.) and for safety reasons, without notice. The client must pay for the cost of the change of destination, and meals provided.
- Refunds will be given during normal working hours ( 9a.m to 5p.m, Monday through Friday)
- All cash payments will be refunded in cash. Credit card payments will be refunded via a credit card transaction.
- If for any reason a client cannot participate in a previously reserved tour, the client should be aware that not all tours can be rescheduled.
Please inform us if you have extra luggage and/or surf boards.
Special dietary needs should be indicated at the moment of booking.
People with epilepsy, pregnant women, or people with recent surgeries may not take part of our rafting tours.
Alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited on buses, vans, airplanes, boats or any other places specified by the tour guide, travel agent or agent or local authorities.
The use of illegal drugs (marihuana, cocaine, etc.) is strictly prohibited. If caught, the guest will be asked out the trip (without any refund).
On behalf of the tour operator, the tour guides (or drivers, when guide not present) reserve the right to exclude any tour participant if his/her conducts is deemed unbecoming or injurious to the welfare of other participants (without any refund).
Families with children under 12 years of age and/or elder people must let us know in advance for previous planning.
Exploradores Outdoors has the right to change the destination of the trip because of safety reasons. Partial refunds apply. In the event that the trip on the Pacuare river is cancelled due to dangerous conditions (we only cancel the tour if the river is too dangerous for running it), the trip will take place in the Reventazón River and the rate will be $69.00 per person. The transportation and meals will be the same as the client reserved. If guest is changing destinations we will at least provide the corresponding transportation.
- We assume no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to person or property in connection with any service over which it has no control and resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, detention, annoyances, delays and expenses arising from quarantine, strikers, thefts, pilferage, unforeseen reasons, government restrictions or regulations, discrepancies or changes made while in transit or problems with hotel service.
For travellers’ convenience, we list tour operators’ policies on our website, however please note that a tour operator’s policies are subject to change at any time; for the most up-to-date policy information that will supersede any detail, error, or omission from our website or correspondence, please obtain this from the tour operator directly.