The content on this page was last updated on May 29th, 2017
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 Are you overwhelmed by the number of Monteverde canopy tour options available to choose from? We can help!
- 2 Sky Adventures’ Sky Tram & Sky Trek Canopy Ziplining Tour
- 3 Selvatura’s Canopy Ziplining Tour with Optional Tarzan Swing and Optional Superman Cable
- 4 Monteverde Extremo’s Canopy Ziplining Tour with Tarzan Swing, Rappel, and Superman Cable
- 5 100% Aventura’s Canopy Ziplining Tour with Superman Cable, Rappel, and Tarzan Swing
Are you overwhelmed by the number of Monteverde canopy tour options available to choose from? We can help!
Below are summaries of our Monteverde canopy tour recommendations (listed in no particular order) so you can easily compare and contrast some of the most requested details of each.
If one or more of the Monteverde canopy tour options listed below interests you, simply click on the tour’s title to open its full description page. On each tour’s full description page we provide much more information, including:
- Tour pricing
- The amount of discount or cash back savings we offer for the tour
- Possible add-ons (such as meals and/or transportation, when such amenities are not automatically included with the tour)
- Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements for tour participation
- Recommended items to bring for tour participation
- Similar tour recommendations
- Related reading resources
- The option to add the tour to your custom Costa Rica trip wish list
Tour times: 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, and 3:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2-2.5 hours
Tour includes: Aerial tram ride, canopy ziplining tour, and guide
Tour operator’s description: Sky Trek is a thrilling zip line circuit that’s located in both of our parks, Monteverde and La Fortuna. Your tour will start riding an open-air gondola from the ground to the heights where you’ll be dropped off at an observation area for fantastic views. From this area, you will start riding down on a zip line track stretching across canyons and in between treetops, the exhilarating adventure of zip lining down the mountainside begins; ultimately returning you to the starting point at the main building. This is the most thrilling zip line in the country.
Monteverde Sky Trek components:
- Our visitors experience the rainforest from a bird’s-eye view, admiring the wildlife from above.
- We have professional certified braking systems, with a main system and a backup one.
- Wider steel platforms, with plenty of space to admire views but also be safe while in tour.
- Highly trained staff, well prepared professional and of course fun, they’ll even make you laugh.
- The construction is of the highest quality, utilizing protective and secure materials.
- We will provide you the helmet, gloves and harnesses of the best quality, and of course thinking in your safety.
Tour times: 8:30am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:30pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2.5-3 hours
Tour includes: Canopy ziplining tour, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from Monteverde hotels
Tour operator’s description: Selvatura Adventure Park’s Canopy Tour is one of the safest extreme adventures in Costa Rica! Our Canopy Tour guides start by harnessing you with all the appropriate equipment after which they will lecture you on all the safety procedures to enjoy this amazing adventure with our “Safety First” motto. You will then be flying through 15 cables and 18 platforms with an optional Tarzan Swing at the end of the adventure.
Tour times: 8:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
Tour includes: Canopy ziplining tour, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from Monteverde hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee)
Tour operator’s description: Cables of up to 3400 feet long and 600 feet high. Costa Rica is known for its canopy tours, world-renowned. Imagine sailing through the treetops hundreds of meters in the air with an opportunity to observe the diverse fauna. Do not worry, safety is a priority here. With almost a quarter of the land covered by tropical forests, there are dozens of places and companies that make exciting adventures. Although many of the national parks of Costa Rica offer canopy tours, the best ones are in Monteverde, Arenal area and Manuel Antonio. There are a number of ways elevated along the forests of Costa Rica with suspension bridges in a valley where you can walk above the treetops and get a unique panoramic aerial view of the forest tops. However, the most popular form is the zip-line canopy; a practice with strong steel cables strung between old and extremely strong trees. Tourists are released through the forest from tree to tree along these lines through a safety harness. Without a doubt, the most famous canopy tours are in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. This region is located on the Continental Divide of Costa Rica, at an altitude of 1440 meters, producing a very thick and cold cloud layer. Here are more than 500 species of animals and 2,500 species of plants – and you can be sure to find some of them during this adventure. There are several companies operating canopy in Monteverde, the most popular is Monteverde Extremo Park where you will discover fourteen cable systems, the longest is 1030 meters! Cross over the stunning jungle views that will take your breath away. Monteverde Extremo Park offers an equally exciting adventure, with platform slightly smaller than the rest and more independent brake systems. A popular feature here is the “Tarzan Swing”, a firmly attached rope hovering over a huge cliff, from where you fall freely and swing. Navigate through the sky with a spectacular view of the characteristic Monteverde rain forest. With the treetops background, canopy tours in Monteverde offer some of the most scenic drives in the country. Monteverde Extremo Park will take you through the jungle for the first time from the highest point beginning to descend all the cables quickly and excitingly until you get back to the ground. From here, visitors will get unparalleled views of the lush beauty.
Canopy Tour components
- Rappel (30m)
- Tarzan swing
- Superman cable (1km)
- Underground mountain tunnel (175m)
Tour times: 8:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2 hours
Tour includes: Canopy ziplining tour, guide and round-trip transportation to/from Monteverde hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee)
Tour operator’s description: Come and zip throughout the beautiful cloud forest of Monteverde, doing the 100% Aventura Canopy Tour, it is a lifetime experience to never forget. This adventure is for thrill seekers, to the braves who are not afraid of challenges and for those who want to have 100% Adventure all the time in their lives. We assure you that you will have an EXTREME CANOPY ADVENTURE!
Canopy tour components
- 21 platforms
- 12 ziplines
- 1 hammock bridge
- 1 rappel
- 1 superman zipline
- 1 mega tarzan swing