The content on this page was last updated on June 29th, 2017
We currently have discounts for this tour!
The Costa Rica canyoning tour described below is operated by Pure Trek
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 Tour pricing
- 2 About the tour
- 3 Additional details
- 4 Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- 5 What to bring for tour participation
- 6 Also see these similar tours
- 7 Related reading
- 8 Map (tour operator’s office)
- 9 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
November 17th 2016 – November 16th 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $103.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $8.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $95.00
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 7:00am, 12:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 4 hours
Tour includes: Canyoning tour, guide, waterproof jacket, meal, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: We pick you up at your hotel, La Fortuna area (no charge), and take you on an exciting 4×4 ride on a mountain road to our first ranch house. We put your gear on, give you a short safety and rappelling explanation and then a short trek on a beautiful rainforest trail to the first waterfall rappel where you will descend into to canyon! Our 5 rappels range in heights of 13 mtrs (25 ft ) to 55 mtrs (165 ft). Our Monkey Drop Zip Line is approx. 25 mtrs (82 ft) long. After rappelling down the first waterfall you will climb up the side of the canyon wall, 10 mtrs (20 ft ), to a short trail. Then zip line across the canyon and rappel down from the cable 25 mtrs (82 ft) to the canyon floor again. Then continue on short trails from waterfall to waterfall through the canyon, it’s like being in a National Rainforest Park! Then a short trek out of the canyon to the second ranch house where you meet up with the 4×4 vehicles and then back to our base offices for a delicious Costa Rican style lunch just outside La Fortuna with a view of the famous Arenal Volcano. We have beautiful installations with changing rooms, towels and hot showers. You can also stroll though our organic tropical gardens and spot birds and tropical plants and flowers everywhere. We also grow as much as we can for your lunch on our land, all organic of course! Make sure to check out the “Earth Hut” where we have earthworms, compost, compost tea and a station where we make our own microorganisms.
- 4 rappels (3 waterfalls and one rock wall)
- Monkey Drop (zip line and rappel)
- Rock Climb
- Hiking on beautiful trails in the canyon between rappels
- Professionally trained bi lingual guides
- Waterproof Jackets
- Delicious Costa Rican Lunch (Vegetarian option available)
- High quality gear used in canyoneering and rock climbing
- Photographer (Photos for purchase after tour)
About the monkey drop and rock climb: This is the newest addition to Pure Trek Canyoning’s famous waterfall rappelling tour… After rappelling down the first waterfall, 55 mtrs (165 ft), climb up the side of the canyon wall, 10 mtrs (20ft ), to a short trail. Then zip line across the canyon and rappel down from the cable 25 mtrs (82ft ) to the canyon floor!
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 5 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Fast drying clothing (surf shorts, outdoor hiking type synthetic clothes)
- Adventure sandals, tennis shoes or light hiking boots
- Change of clothes and towel
Also see these similar tours
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Canyoneering In Costa Rica: Adrenaline And Assurance Found At The Lost Canyon