Discount: Cano Negro Tour: Option B (La Fortuna/Arenal)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 26th, 2017.
- 2 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $67.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $5.00 TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $62.00
- 3 TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $60.00 PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER CHILD: $4.00 TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $56.00
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 26th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Desafio Adventure Company
December 15th 2017 – December 14th 2018:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $67.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $5.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $62.00
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER CHILD: $60.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER CHILD: $4.00
TOUR PRICE PER CHILD TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $56.00
- Age group(s) eligible to receive the child rate for this activity: 2-10 years
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 7:30am
Tour duration: Approximately 8 hours
Tour includes: Boat tour, guide, lunch, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: The Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge encompasses an area of about 10,000 hectares near the border with Nicaragua. On this nature boat tour, you will do a peaceful ride in a covered motorboat along Rio Frio to appreciate the beautiful nauture and wildlife of this unique area of Costa Rica. This is considered one of the richest areas in biological diversity in Costa Ricaand the world! The wildlife in this area is truly spectacular, especially the birds. Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is one of the few places in Costa Rica where you can catch a glimpse of the exotic Jabiru Stork, the tallest flying bird found in Central and South America. You will get the opportunity to likely see wood storks, cormorants, and other varieties of birds — this is a must-do tour for avid birdwatchers! Plus, everyone loves to spot sloths, howler monkeys, and caimans (like mini-crocodiles) that inhabit this lush area. The Rio Frio river is teeming with life at almost every turn. Also found in near along the edge of this nature reserve are Spider, Capuchin, and howler monkeys, crocodiles, jaguars, cougars, tayras, ocelots, tapirs, white-tailed deer, Jesus-Christ lizards, black river turtles, and enormous orange iguanas. The travel time from La Fortuna to the Caño Negro area is about 1.5 hours and you will board the boat with your nature guide at the Los Chiles dock. It is a comfortable ride with a covered top on the boat, but it is important to bring a hat and sunscreen — of course you will also want to bring your camera and binoculars. You will travel by boat along the edge of the Caño Negro Wildlife refuge on Rio Frio for about 2 hours and return to the same dock. From there, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant. You then return back in the van to your hotel. This is sure to be an unforgettable trip with memories and great photos to share with everyone!
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- All travellers must bring their passport (or a copy of their passport) with them during the tour given its proximity to Nicaragua.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Children must be at least 2 years old to participate.
- Individuals must be no older than 85 years old to participate.
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not recommended)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Passport (IMPORTANT)
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Cano Negro Boat Tour (option A) (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Cano Negro Canoe Adventure (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!