Discount: Balsa River Rafting Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal)
We currently have discounts for this tour!
The Balsa River rafting tour described below is operated by Desafio Adventure Company
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 Tour pricing
- 2 About the tour
- 3 Additional details
- 4 Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- 5 What to bring for tour participation
- 6 Also see these similar tours
- 7 Related reading
- 8 Map (tour operator’s office)
- 9 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
December 15th 2016 – December 15th 2017:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 9:00am, 10:00am
Tour duration: Approximately 6 hours
Tour includes: Rafting tour, snack, lunch, guide, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: Challenge yourself as you paddle through fun & safe rolling rapids with names like “Morning Coffee” & “Rock around the Croc” and then play around in tranquil river pools in an isolated rainforest river canyon! And only 30 minutes from La Fortuna! Your professional, experienced bilingual guides will give you a safety talk and paddling instruction, lifejackets, helmets & then you’re off! Hopefully you’ll get to see lots of wildlife like monkeys, sloths and tropical birds such as ospreys, oropendolas and toucans. This unique river trip is the best way to combine adventure and nature. The trip also includes a traditional “CulTour” lunch at Casona Rio Fortuna.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 10 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Clothes to get wet in
- Sturdy water shoes (flip flops not permitted)
- Dry clothes to change into after the tour
- Cash for souvenirs
Also see these similar tours
- Interested in adding the Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering Tour to this tour? See the Mambo Combo Canyoneering and Rafting Tour Combo (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Interested in participating in this tour from a different location? See the Balsa River Rafting Tour (San Jose) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Sarapiqui River Rafting Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Pacuare River Rafting Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: The Best River For Rafting In Costa Rica
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Go Big or Go Home: Raft Costa Rica