We currently have discounts for this tour!
The Arenal Volcano national park Los Lagos hot springs tour described below is operated by Desafio Adventure Company
Short on time? Skip to...
December 15th 2016 – December 15th 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $89.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $12.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $77.00
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 1:30pm
Tour duration: Approximately 6 hours
Tour includes: Volcano tour, national park entrance fee, guide, Los Lagos hot springs pass, dinner, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: The Arenal Volcano National Park is one of the most visited parks in all of Central America. The trails in Arenal National Park are generally flat and not very strenuous — perfect for a leisurely and informative hike with one of our nature guides. We’ll start the day off by picking you up at your hotel and driving to the entrance of the Arenal National Park. This is where you can use the facilities and read up on the history of the area before your hike. Then we’ll hike through well-groomed, easy trails that skirt the base of the Arenal Volcano. This area was once devastated by the lava flow in 1968 which is why this area has very little vegetation. You can also get to see, touch, and walk on dried up lava flow from a smaller eruption that happened in 1992. This hike provides perfect photo opportunities and magnificent views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the pristine Lake Arenal and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato. Then it’s time to head to the Los Lagos Hot Springs. Enjoy more than 10 different volcanic hot pools, swim-up bars, free lockers, restaurant and access to their butterfly garden and crocodile pond, with friendly, personalized service at this Arenal hot springs location. Afterwards, enjoy a delicious dinner at the resort resturant.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 6 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not recommended)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs, towels, lockers, bar purchases
Also see these similar tours
- Interested in removing the hot springs portion of this tour? See the Arenal Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park) (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park) with Paradise Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park) with Baldi Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park) with Ecotermales Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park) with Springs Resort Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Combo Tour with Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park), & Los Lagos Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: A Walk In The Park: Arenal Volcano National Park
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: The Best Hot Springs In La Fortuna/Arenal