Discount: Arenal Hanging Bridges Night Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 18th, 2017.
- 2 Tour pricing
- 3 About the tour
- 4 Additional details
- 5 Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- 6 What to bring for tour participation
- 7 Map (tour operator’s park)
- 8 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 18th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
The hanging bridges night tour described below is operated by the Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park
December 16th 2017 – December 15th 2018:
December 16th 2017 – December 15th 2018:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 6:00pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
Tour includes: Night tour, entrance fee, and guide
- Round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels is included when selected and reserved in advance; see the tour option listed above for option pricing (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: The primary forest at night is a completely different experience to which it is possible to experience during the day. Costa Rica currently makes up 5% of the biodiversity of the world and that allows visitors to have a rich observation of species in its forest reserves. If we compare, for example, the population of butterflies we find that more than 2,000 species of butterflies are diurnal and 4,500 nocturnal. That is more than twice! Something similar happens with the activity of some amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and some species of exotic flowers that only bloom at night. Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park offers its guests the opportunity to observe the forest in the dark of the night with the Mistico Night Walk. The tour is in our trails passing through the hanging bridges. It is also possible to observe animals as frogs, snakes, lizards, mammals such as Kinkajou, coati, cauceles or margays, nocturnal birds such as the owl and the barn owl in addition to the edge of the nocturnal species that inhabit the reserve will give the guest a spectacle in the magical setting of the darkness of the night.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- Closed shoes are required. Sandals or others open shoes are not allowed.
- Main features of the trails: no steps, security guardrails, surface in non-slip material.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- Children must be at least 10 years old to participate.
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing including long pants and socks
- Light rain jacket
- Comfortable closed-toe footwear for walking (flip flops, sandals, and other open-toe shoes are not permitted)
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs