Discount: Arenal Hanging Bridges: Unguided/Entrance Only (La Fortuna/Arenal)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 18th, 2017.
- 2 Tour pricing
- 3 About the tour
- 4 Additional details
- 5 Minimum/maximum age/height/weight/other requirements
- 6 What to bring for tour participation
- 7 Also see these similar tours
- 8 Related reading
- 9 Map (tour operator’s office)
- 10 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 18th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
Pura Vida! eh? participating in the Arenal hanging bridges activity:
The Arenal hanging bridges activity described below is operated by the Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park
December 16th 2017 – December 15th 2018:
December 16th 2017 – December 15th 2018:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: Enter anytime between 7:30am and 3:50pm
Tour duration: Approximately 2 hours
Tour includes: Hanging bridges entrance fee
- Round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels is included when selected and reserved in advance; see the tour option listed above for option pricing (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: A trail of 3.1 km in total allows the guest comfortably enjoy the rainforest attractions with a total of 16 bridges. Manufactured with German technology, our bridges have an ideal design to provide a contemplative experience of the Rain forest. The strategic position and height of each of the bridges allows you to observe from a favorable perspective to light the different attractions and the thousands of species that inhabit our reservation, trees, flowers, plants, insects, mammals, reptiles, frogs and many others live in an ecosystem in perfect balance.
Three trail options to choose from upon arrival:
- Length 2 miles.
- Maximum slope 8% in lower, 6% rise.
- Medium effort grade.
- Tour duration 1.5 hours without guide, 2.5 hours with guide.
- Visit 16 bridges, tunnel and a beautiful Waterfall
Bird observation Trail
- Travel 1.6 miles
- Maximum Slope 8% in lower, 6% rise.
- Medium effort grade
- Tour duration 1.5 hours without a guide, 2.5 hours with guide
- Visit 7 regular bridges and 3 hanging bridges.
- Suitable for people with disabilities
- Part of the trail allows the transit of wheelchair assisted.
- Main Travel: 1.5 km, * optional 250mtrs to wheelchair.
- Maximum Slope 3% in lower, 3% rise.
- Low degree of effort
- Tour duration: 25 min without a guide, 45 min with guide.
- Visit 6 fixed bridges, * optional 2 hanging bridges.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- Closed shoes are required. Sandals or others open shoes are not allowed.
- Main features of the trails: no steps, security guardrails, surface in non-slip material.
Minimum/maximum age/height/weight/other requirements
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing
- Light rain jacket
- Comfortable closed-toe footwear for walking (flip flops, sandals, and other open-toe shoes are not permitted)
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs
Also see these similar tours
- Interested in making this tour a guided tour? See the Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour: Option C (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour: Option A (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour: Option B (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Sky Walk Hanging Bridges: Unguided/Entrance Only (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Sky Walk Guided Hanging Bridges (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Hanging Bridge
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Which Costa Rica Hanging Bridges Are The Best? Comparing 4 Popular Hanging Bridge Sites In Arenal And Monteverde
- Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: A Step-By-Step Guide (Literally!) To Costa Rica’s Arenal Hanging Bridges