Discount: Arenal Hanging Bridges Birdwatching Tour (La Fortuna/Arenal)
Short on time? Skip to...
- 1 NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 18th, 2017.
- 2 Tour pricing
- 3 About the tour
- 4 Additional details
- 5 Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
- 6 What to bring for tour participation
- 7 Also see these similar tours
- 8 Map (tour operator’s office)
- 9 Add the tour to your Costa Rica trip wish list or share the love via social media
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on December 18th, 2017.
We currently have discounts for this tour!
The Arenal birdwatching tour described below is operated by the Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park
December 16th 2017 – December 15th 2018:
December 16th 2017 – December 15th 2018:
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
About the tour
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 6:00am
Tour duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
Tour includes: Birdwatching tour, entrance fee, and guide
- Round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels is included when selected and reserved in advance; see the tour option listed above for option pricing (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park is part of the biological corridor that allows the flow of species that inhabit between the Volcanic Mountain Range of Guanacaste and the Tilarán mountain range. In our reserve you can observe species of birds from the highest part of the forest such as the bell bird, the Tucancito Esmeralda as well as inshore species such as toucans, turkeys, and hummingbirds that inhabit trees present as West Indian mahogany (Swietenia mahagoni, Maquenque and golden fruit). Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park is an ideal place for trekking for bird watching and the preference of the guides’ specialists of the area to carry out observations and successfully count species of both local and migratory birds. Also at the level, more than 350 species of birds have been observed, including species of height, coastal and migratory. The excellent visibility from the bridges also allows you to appreciate the massive migrations of birds of prey between November and February of each year.
Bird observation Trail
- Travel 1.6 miles
- Maximum Slope 8% in lower, 6% rise.
- Medium effort grade
- Visit 7 regular bridges and 3 hanging bridges.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
- Closed shoes are required. Sandals or others open shoes are not allowed.
- Main features of the trails: no steps, security guardrails, surface in non-slip material.
Minimum/maximum age/weight/height/other requirements
What to bring for tour participation
- Comfortable clothing
- Light rain jacket
- Comfortable closed-toe footwear for walking (flip flops, sandals, and other open-toe shoes are not permitted)
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs
Also see these similar tours
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Birdwatching Tour: Option A (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Birdwatching Tour: Option B (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!