The content on this page was last updated on April 30th, 2017
Short on time? Skip to...
Why Costa Rica? Why not Costa Rica?
Where do we begin? Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Located in Central America (between Nicaragua and Panama), Costa Rica is the perfect place to escape to no matter what it is they seek. Although we could go on and on about the country, we have put together a list of what we believe are the top 25 things to do/see in Costa Rica to help first-time visitors learn what the country has to offer. If any of these activities peek your interest, check-out our tour discount database to learn about specific opportunities to do/see all you want in Costa Rica and at special discounted rates! For those of you who have already researched vacations in Costa Rica, you are probably aware of the country’s diverse activities and you have likely decided that it is the perfect place to visit! To these travellers, thank you for choosing Costa Rica as your travel destination. We believe there is no better country in the world to visit. After all, it is PURA VIDA! eh?
Top 25 Things to Do/See in Costa Rica!
1. White Water Raft River Pacuare
2. Zip-line (canopy tour) through the rainforest
3. Walk through the clouds in the cloud forest
4. Watch lava flow from the Arenal Volcano (when it is erupting) on a night tour
5. Hear the howler monkeys at Cahuita National Park
6. Watch turtles nest on the beach
7. Relax in hot spring waters warmed by the volcano
8. Rappel down mountains and waterfalls
9. Sleep in the jungle overnight at the Pacuare Lodge
10. Horseback ride along the beach at sunset
11. Safari Float down Penas Blancas River
12. Take in the Costa Rica wildlife at a Wildlife Reserve
13. Hike a number of Costa Rica’s mountains and non-active volcanoes
14. Cheer on Costa Rican teams at a local futbol game
15. Bungee jump in the rainforest
16. Scuba Dive the Caribbean Sea
17. Go Deep sea fishing in the Pacific Ocean
18. Surf the Pacific Coast
19. Snorkel the Caribbean Sea
20. Relax on beautiful beaches
21. Get a birds eye view of the rainforest on the Aerial Tram
22. Tour the rainforest on hanging bridges
23. Taste and learn about Costa Rican coffee at a coffee plantation
24. Take a bike tour around Costa Rica
25. Learn more about Costa Rican fauna at the bird conservatories or butterfly gardens