Short on time? Skip to...
NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on April 30th, 2017.
Relationships first. Business later.
“You have been wonderful! In fact, I was talking to my husband, [name omitted], about one of the many wonderful things you have helped us with and I referred to you as “my friend” by accident! I had to correct myself and say you were a tourism professional (but that I feel like I know you:).” – J.R. Whitestone, New York, USA
At Pura Vida! eh?, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. In fact, our business philosophy quite simply is to be and do the best we can for the betterment of travellers, our business, ourselves, and our planet. A large part of this philosophy is rooted in great customer service. In travellers’ testimonials and online reviews we are regularly referred to as friendly, caring, kind, attentive, and prompt–just a few of the qualities we are more than happy to offer travellers and that we feel travellers deserve. In addition, within the industry that we work and given the nature of our business, we feel great customer service also embodies the following:
- Individualized attention to detail that focuses on travellers’ specific interests, needs, and budgets.
- Assisted independence in allowing travellers to plan their own perfect vacation alongside our recommendations and support.
- Sensitivity to travellers’ personal desires, requirements, and/or limitations (stemming from physical abilities, religious traditions, and other diverse causes) throughout the trip planning process.
- Always putting travellers’ rights and rewards first.
- Open communication throughout the entire vacation process, including the planning stages, the vacation itself, and after the return home.
- Relief of stress, hassle, and worry, as well as gained comfort, while travelling out-of-country.
- A sense of friendship gained–not only business conducted–as a direct result of working together.
The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is.
Jim Carrey hit the nail on the head when he suggested that difference is more valuable than money. We couldn’t agree more, which is why we judge our success by the smiles on travellers faces and their kind and telling reviews of our work. Far more valuable than any dollar in our bank account is the difference we strive to make in your travel experience. It is what we work for (not an hourly pay rate), what we plan to earn (not in wages), and what we aim to maintain (not in terms of savings) throughout the life of our business. So, what is the most rewarding payment we can receive? Knowing that what we do has helped you do something a little better, easier, faster, or for less money than if you tackled it on your own. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. We’re your new best friend–happy to give you the [trip planning] independence you want while supporting you every step of the way.