We currently have discounts for this tour!
Operated by Desafio Adventure Company
December 15th 2016 – December 15th 2017:
TOUR OPERATOR’S TOUR PRICE PER ADULT: $208.00
PURA VIDA! EH? TOUR DISCOUNT PER ADULT: $33.00
TOUR PRICE PER ADULT TO PAY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR: $175.00
Discount disclaimer: In order for a Pura Vida! eh? discount to be valid, a complete tour reservation form must be submitted via our website and accepted by our team. In addition, travellers must follow the steps/requirements outlined on our “How Pura Vida! eh? Works” page. Please note that Pura Vida! eh? discounts are: a) not valid for preexisting reservations already placed through other companies or tour operators, b) only valid for the specific day requested on the tour reservation form, and c) may only be claimed by the individual whose name appears on the tour reservation form. Tour reservation change requests may be made by travellers, but such requests are subject to approval by our team; unapproved tour reservation changes may result in a change or loss of the discount amount awarded. Tour reservation cancellations and no-shows will result in a loss of the discount amount awarded. All prices on our website including Pura Vida! eh? discounts are listed in the currency of US dollars, however at the tour operator’s discretion, tour payment may be collected in the currency of either US dollars or Costa Rican colones. For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” page.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Tour departure/return location: La Fortuna/Arenal
Tour times: 7:30am
Tour duration: Approximately 14 hours
Tour includes: Mistico Park hanging bridges tour, hanging bridges entrance fee, La Fortuna Waterfall tour, waterfall entrance fee, volcano tour, national park entrance fee, Los Lagos hot springs pass, guide, lunch, dinner, and round-trip transportation to/from La Fortuna hotels (hotels that fall outside of the regular transportation zone may have an additional fee; leave us a comment at the bottom of this page if you wish us to confirm the transportation amount that would apply to/from your specific hotel)
Tour operator’s description: This Combo Tour will allow you to see three important sites in one day! Start your day as you hike across the Arenal Hanging Bridges and see the jungle from high above the forest floor. Then, visit the massive and breathtaking La Fortuna waterfall before enjoying a traditional Costa Rican lunch. Finish the day off the a chance to see amazing views of the Arenal volcano, on a leisurely walk through the National Park! The Arenal Hanging Bridges are a beautiful, environmentally friendly project located near the Arenal Volcano. The trails span a total of 2 miles, allowing you to see the rainforest from a bird’s perspective! Your naturalist guide will teach you about Costa Rican culture, history, and nature, while pointing out different species of plants, animals and birds along the way. These trails bring you as close as you’d ever hope to see the rainforest and its inhabitants, as well as give you access to see stunning views of the rainforest and mountains that are miles away. After your adventure on the hanging bridges, you will head to the La Fortuna Waterfall! When you reach the entrance, you will have time to change into your bathing suit in case you want to cool off under the waterfall. This is sure to be a good workout as there are 300 steps to get to the down to the waterfall, and 300 to get back up! When you reach the bottom, you’ll have an opportunity to take lots of pictures and swim in the cool waters of one of the largest and most breathtaking waterfalls in Arenal! Next, you will head to a local restaurant where you will get to try a delicious Costa Rican casado, a typical Costa Rican meal. This is the perfect way to relax and refuel before heading on your next hike to the Arenal Volcano National Park! This National Park is one of the most visited parks in all of Central America. The trails are generally flat and not very strenuous — perfect for a leisurely and informative hike with one of our naturalist guides! We’ll head through the jungle, hiking through well-groomed, easy trails that skirt the base of the Arenal Volcano. Your eagle- eyed naturalist guide will point out different species of flora and fauna and teach you about Costa Rica’s nature, culture and history, including information about the volcanic explosion of 1968! This area was devastated by the lava flow and has since re-grown into a lush forest with great biodiversity. When you reach both of the observation platforms you will see magnificent views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the pristine Lake Arenal and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato! If you’re lucky, you’ll also be able to hear or see gas and ash eruptions come out of the top of behemoth Arenal Volcano. This is the closest you can get to the base of the Arenal Volcano and the perfect vantage point to take remarkable photos as the sun sets! Then it’s time to head to the Los Lagos Hot Springs. Enjoy more than 10 different volcanic hot pools, swim-up bars, free lockers, restaurant and access to their butterfly garden and crocodile pond, with friendly, personalized service at this Arenal hot springs location. Afterwards, enjoy a delicious dinner at the resort resturant.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run. Please contact us to inquire about tour availability if your travel group is comprised of less than the tour operator’s required minimum number of participants.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM AGE/WEIGHT/HEIGHT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Children must be at least 6 years old to participate.
WHAT TO BRING FOR TOUR PARTICIPATION
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable tennis shoes or walking shoes (flip flops are not permitted)
- Light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Cash for souvenirs, towels, lockers, bar purchases
- Interested in removing the hot springs portion of this tour? See the Arenal Combo Tour with Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park) (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Interested in adding hot springs to this tour? See the Arenal Combo Tour with Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park), & Paradise Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Combo Tour with Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park), & Baldi Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Combo Tour with Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park), & Ecotermales Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
- Looking for a similar tour option? See the Arenal Combo Tour with Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Volcano Tour (Arenal Volcano National Park), & Springs Resort Hot Springs (La Fortuna/Arenal) for more information!
Are you a member of the DIY Costa Rica community? If so, see our pick for Best Hanging Bridge
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: Which Costa Rica Hanging Bridges Are The Best? Comparing 4 Popular Hanging Bridge Sites In Arenal And Monteverde
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: A Step-By-Step Guide (Literally!) To Costa Rica’s Arenal Hanging Bridges
Familiar with our blog? Read our related blog post: The Best Hot Springs In La Fortuna/Arenal